The advantage of a notation program like Sibelius 7 to be able to sync through ReWire with a recording program like Digital Performer or ProTools is a huge jump for arrangers and producers that can be monitoring the live recordings with the scores that are being written.
Here are the steps:
-Start Digital Performer first.
-Open the file that you want to work on.
-Add an aux track
-Choose the Sibeluis plug-in as the input for this aux track.
-Select an active output for this track.
-Now start Sibelius 7.
-Open the file you want to work on.
-At this point, if you start playing your sequence on DP, Sibelius 7 should be perfectly syncronized!
Buenisimo Paul! Lo voy a postiar en mi wall de Facebook.
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend!
ReplyDeleteAs you seem to be an expert I have a question to you.
ReplyDeleteI have tried to find a solution but with no success.
Sibelius 7.1.3 + DP 8.01
I have a score in Sibelius
I have VI instruments + Effects + Mix in DP
I would like that Sibelius pilots DP
So that the (MIDI) tracks in Sibelius play the virtual instruments in DP
This because Sibelius is surely better than DP to write music and because DP is surely better than Sibelius to mix it and play it
Thanks in advance